6.04.2011

Sometimes I don't want to log into Facebook

I was going to post this on Facebook, but felt it wasn't really the right place to post. Truth be told, one of the only reasons I am typing this now is because I just feel like I want to have it written down somewhere. I get scared sometimes to log into Facebook because I worry about seeing comments about my Uncle Alain. I guess I am still sad about the whole thing. I worry so much about his kids, his wife, his family, how they are holding up, etc. Growing up I always felt like I was pretty good with death, but I think part of that is because I inadvertently kept myself too far from the situation to allow myself to feel. I guess maybe I was scared of how I would feel, I don't know. Uncle Alain, I miss you real bad. Every once in a while I stumble upon your funeral program paper and a flood of emotion hits me. When I don't think about it I am okay, but when I see things that remind me, I can't help but miss you, and wish you were around. I guess I kind of don't feel justified in feeling sad since there are others who are closer to you and who feel a greater hole in their heart. I guess that's why I didn't want to post this on Facebook and decided to write it down here. I feel myself wanting to be more and more like you, almost like becoming like you will make sure you will stay with me forever. And sometimes I feel like that is a pretty selfish thing to think. But more than anything, I just miss having you around. I miss your hugs, your smile, and your warm friendliness. I miss having you call the house asking to speak to my dad. I miss your surprise visits and I am really worried about your kids and how they are feeling. I hope to help them feel better and help them make it through this tough time. I also worry about my dad. I try not to comment on anything about you because if it makes me sad, I can't imagine how it must make him feel. I now understand what the scriptures mean about speaking of the Savior's atonement as the balm of Gilead. I am so happy that our Savior provided relief from pain like this. I guess I just need time. I miss you, and I am so very anxious to reunite with you in heaven someday, to feel your warm embrace, and to have you smile at me. I pray all is well with you, and that you are finding great success in your work on the other side. I love you, Uncle Alain, and I love my Savior for providing a way for me to turn these ashes into beauty, to lift the hands that hang helplessly down. God be with you 'til we meet again.
Golf Blog Signature Smaller

No comments: